V4L Handle Mod
This is a guest post written by Morandir835, an e-cig enthusiast, admin on the Vapor4Life forum, and a regular on their ECF sub forum.
Vapor4Life let me test their new V4L Handle mod before it was officially released. As you can see from the picture, this a box mod type variety, with the firing button on the top opposite of the connector (808 threaded). On the side is a power button which also has a few other functions, and a plus and minus button for the voltage.
Five clicks of the power button in a row turns it on and off. One click will show you the ohms of the carto for a few seconds, then afterwards the voltage of the battery itself. The power button has a blue LED behind it with three settings – off, low, and high. To adjust simply hold the plus and minus buttons at the same time for a few seconds, and it will switch the setting to the next higher (0-1, 1-2, 2-0). The cut-off time on mine was 12.3 seconds. This is a smart mod that will give you error codes on the LED display screen if the battery is low, under 3.4v to be exact (LO-V), If there’s a short with the cartomizer/atomizer (LO-V as well, but when you check your voltage on the battery if it’s above 3.4v then it’s the carto), and if it’s too low an ohm’s carto (LO-Î©).
- Much smaller than most variable voltage 18650 battery mods
- Accurate actual voltage output of .1+/- at full charge. No drop-off until the battery reaches under 3.5v. That’s when you’ll see it be -.2-.4 from the stated voltage
- It gives an actual voltage readout of the battery, which is easy for a user to know when it’s time to change.
- Fire button and power up and down buttons are very responsive
- Vent hole on the side of the mod
- While it only has two air intake holes, because of their size draw the draw is still good. Would compare it to a Classic VK ashcap manual battery. It’s not too airy, nor too stiff
- Ohm reader is accurate to +/- .1ohms
One thing to note
Do not use the batteries for the OMG All Day with this device. I had one that would fit but measured it before hand so I knew it would. Batteries longer than 67mm will damage the door.
In my opinion, this is the best of the OMG mod line thus far for the higher voltage devices. The Handle is the top performer when looking for more power.
Contact Morandir835 via e-mail at [email protected] or through his page on ECF at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/51087/morandir835.html
“Even Though I Nothing Learned, With Strength I Burned.” Emperor