Vape Face Contest
UPDATE: We’ve extended our contest until Friday, May 24!
Today begins our Facebook “Vape Face Contest”! What is a “vape face”? This e-cig term is used to describe the image resulting from taking a photo while vaping.
Starting today you can enter to win a brand new Vapor Zeus e-cig battery and vaping supplies for a year! To upload your picture, simply go to our Facebook page, and click on the “Vapor Zeus Contest” tab. Using this Woobox application on Facebook, upload a photo of yourself using any Vapor4Life product. Then have your friends vote for your picture. The photo with the most votes wins. Entrants and voters must “Like” our Facebook page to take part.
No Purchase Necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: Vapor4Life’s “Vapor Zeus Giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) begins on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 12:00:00 Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends on Friday, May 10, 2013 at 23:59:59 PST (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Vapor4Life (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (19 or older if a resident of AL or NE). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Contest: (a) any person who on or after Monday, April 29, 2013 was or is an employee, independent contractor, distributor, or supplier of Sponsor, or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or promotion/advertising agencies; (b) any entities retained by Sponsor for the administration of the Contest or the development, production or distribution of or the prize supply for the Contest; and (c) members of the immediate families or households, of any person in any of the preceding categories. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Go online to www.facebook.com/OfficialV4L (the “Website”) and “Like” the Vapor4Life Page. You will be required to authorize Sponsor to pull your profile information and other content in order to participate in the Contest. You may discontinue to “Like” the Vapor4Life Page any time after you complete all steps for entry. After you “Like” the Vapor4Life Page, click on the “Enter” button and you will be taken to the Contest application and the entry page where you will be required to complete an online entry form with all required information. If you were already a “fan” of the Vapor4Life Page and are eligible to participate in accordance with these Official Rules, then proceed to the Facebook tab “Contest” and complete the entry form. Upon completing your entry you will be asked to read and accept the terms of these Official Rules. If you have successfully completed the preceding steps that are applicable to you, you will receive a message confirming your entry in the Contest. Limit one (1) entry via the above-described entry method (each a “Principal Entry”) per household. However, in addition to this one Principal Entry, you may earn “bonus entries” as follows: Invite your family and friends who are 18 years of age or older (19 or older if a resident of AL or NE) to enter the Contest. Those you invite must meet all of the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. For each such eligible family member/friend who votes, you will receive three (3) bonus votes for that entry. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. Entries made by any other individual or entity that is not named on the submitted entry, including but not limited to a third-party entry service, or made in any manner inconsistent with these Official Rules, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Contest. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or its agents. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who was assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide proof to Sponsor that he/she is the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such a method.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner will be selected by voters from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by Friday, May 10, 2013 at 11:59:59 pm PST. Winner will be notified by Sponsor and winner’s name will posted on Facebook following his/her notification. The prize is a Vapor Zeus Battery and a $200 Vapor4Life gift certificate. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is: $264.95. In lieu of the prize, winner may elect to receive a Vapor4Life gift certificate in the value of $264.95. Prizes may not be transferred, assigned, offered for sale or at auction, redeemed for cash or substituted in whole or in part except as provided herein. Sponsor may substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with a prize of equal or greater value in the event the stated prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable. All prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release (“Prize Claim Documents”) for receipt by Sponsor within seven (7) days of initial written notification. Failure of any winner to return the Prize Claim Documents in a timely manner, or the determination that a potential winner is not eligible to receive a prize, or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, will result in forfeiture of the corresponding prize. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected as second place by voters from among the remaining entries. Any alternate winner(s) will be notified as described above and required to complete and return the Prize Claim Documents in accordance with the provisions above. Prizes will be shipped within approximately 2 weeks following verification of eligibility.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her).
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Released Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (iv) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) any typographical or other error in printing or advertising related to the Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize winner or (vi) cheating or fraud by any participant.
Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, prize information, likeness and hometown for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide without limitation or additional notice or compensation.
If for any reason this Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, or if this Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest. If this Contest is terminated before the stated end date, the Released Parties will select the winner on which the Contest is terminated by the photo with the most votes and from among all eligible entries received as of the termination time and date.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method or entry service that is prohibited under these rules. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or otherwise corrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. DISPUTES: By participating, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Contest or any prize awarded (if applicable) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
The invalidity or un-enforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to Facebook.