VapeBash 3: Chicago’s e-cigarette convention
It’s almost time for VapeBash‘s third annual vape meet! This Friday and Saturday, April 11-12, VapeBash will take over the Westin O’Hare in Rosemont, Illinois. The Windy City Vapers Club produces this event every year to celebrate all things vaping. This event is super fun. If you discuss e-cigs on ECF, other forums, and in Facebook groups, it’s really fun to meet the people in real life (IRL) who you only know online. At the first VapeBash I met a lot of customers who I’d talked to on ECF, but never actually met in person.
Here’s the deets:
- Day 1: Fri., April 11, 2014: 12pm – 2am
- Day 2: Sat., April 12, 2014: 2pm – 2am
- Location: Westin O’Hare, 6100 North River Rd., Rosemont, IL 60018
- Admission: Free
- Parking: $8/day (tell the hotel front desk that you’re attending VapeBash to get this discounted rate)
- Bring: Your party pants, a bottle of water, and any vape gear you want to swap with someone.
- Age: Must be at least 18
All the big names in vaping attend this event – Grimm Green, Phil Busardo, VapinGreek, and more. It’s basically a huge party where you can talk with and meet other vapers, meet your favorite reviewers, try out new products, buy some vape gear, win prizes, and get your fill of everything e-cigarette related.
I just found out that they’ve scheduled two special guests to speak during the event. Greg Conley, a huge smoke-free and e-cigarette advocate is going to talk about e-cig politics, regulation, and advocacy at 7pm on Friday and 3pm on Saturday. This is definitely one I’m not going to miss!
The Vaping Militia will be speaking one hour before Greg on both days (6pm Friday and 3pm Saturday).
There’s going to be a raffle and Steam Punk Costume Contest on Saturday night. The top three winners will receive prizes.
A few tips for anyone new to vape meets:
- A ton of vendors will have their vapor juices available to sample. You’ll definitely want to take advantage of this! So be sure to drink plenty of water or your throat might want to dry out. Also, you might want to think about going down one or two nicotine levels than you normally vape. You’re going to be vaping a ton, and don’t want to get dizzy from too much nicotine.
- Wear comfy shoes. There’s a lot of walking involved. You’ll want to check out all the vendor tables, and don’t want to have to sit down because your feet are sore!
- Some people like to swap vape gear during the event. Bring any old stuff you don’t use anymore that you could swap with a fellow vaper!
Check out this video from Vape Team for last year’s VapeBash: VPLive Vape Team Special: Live from Vapebash 2013 in Chicago, IL
Are you attending this year? Let us know in the comment section below!