Death of my first battery
I killed a battery :( I don't know quite how it happened. Its last known location was in my backpack this weekend. I brought 2 reg stealth manuals with me to get me through the day and I pulled it out to use it and it wouldn't fire. I thought it might need a post raise and I didn't have anything with me that I could do it with. Luckily my other batt got me through the day. When I got home I raised the post and set it aside to be charged. Just now I picked it up, remembering I had raised the post, I wanted to give it a try and see if it would work. Well the button isn't even lighting up and there's a whole lot of rattling going on. I think something on the inside has become dislodged and the battery isn't connected properly anymore. This makes me sad :( I put it on the charger and it flashes 3 times - short pause - 3 flashes and the light on the charger never turns red.
Could I have done this when I raised the post? I didn't raise it to an uneccessary level. It is still below the threads.
Could this have happened if it got banged around while in my backpack over the weekend?
Last question: I would like to donate this battery to science. If anyone would like this battery I can send it to you so you can do an autopsy on it. I'm not brave, or skilled, enough to attempt playing mad scientist on a battery. Lol, I'd probably hurt myself! Plus side, if you get it working again you will have a free batt :D Unless Mr. Morandir doesn't want me to give it away then I see no problem with it, although I don't know anything of the dangers of dissecting batteries. I will PM him and see what he says.