Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm stopping V4L for a while...

mbottema

Why I'm stopping V4L for a while...

As the title suggested, I am stepping away from V4L for a while to see if things change. This will be a bit winded, but I will try and keep short. Here's why...
    Starting in early March one of the orders I made was delayed and when I inquired, CS told me it had shipped. After that, I was informed that one of the items was not available, so clearly it had not been shipped.
    I chalked it up to a one time error and made another order before getting the delayed one. (BTW all of my orders are large in order to get free shipping to Japan). I then learned I hadn't received Reward Points for the last few orders. When I questioned it CS was very rude and explained to me that it was their prerogative to cancel the program without notice.
    Now, to their credit, they stated they were starting a new program, and I even got several promo emails stating so, but nothing has happened, not yet.
    One of my two Zeus' broke after 5months, but that was ok. Because I was told I was getting another Zeus (510 connection) as a reward for winning a contest on March 10th. Well, after several attempts (through no fault of his own and his earnest effort) the reward was not shipped. I told him to give up and stop trying because he was wasting his time and money on something I think V4L should be doing. It is their website, their product and their forum.
    None of these issues on their own would have done it for me. I am a very easy going guy. But all of them at the same time was a little too much.
    And speaking of too much, I have received an email almost everyday this month and sometimes twice a day, with discount codes. It's way more than you used to send and pretty much spam now. Why don't you just lower your prices permanently and offer great sells occasionally. When you send them EVERYDAY people will just start ignoring them. I have.
    So, I started flirting with other companies and found some that were just like V4L when I started. Happy to have me a customer and offer great service.
    It's too bad, because I really like V4L juices and I love my remaining Zeus and wanted to get another. And I had introduced V4L to my friends and family who came to me with request for stuff. Now I have to explain to them that I can't get V4L for them for now.
    This is just a break. I will check on things from time to time to see if things change. I found V4L on the ECF so I can see what people think because there are so few here.

K9luvr

Re: Why I'm stopping V4L for a while...

mbottema, I feel ya. I've been with V4L since 3.1.10 and I've seen many of the changes you mention. The sales no longer seem special, and the personal touch from Steve is noticeably absent. What started as a small customer-based business now seems to be focused more on making money than maintaining the great service we fell in love with.

HarmonyPB

Sorry to hear that Mbottema

Best of luck to you! Keep on :vapor:

AudreySchroder

I'm sorry to hear this. I will share this post with the customer service and sales managers. I hope to see you back here in the near future.

mbottema

Thanks Audrey......in the meantime are you going to send the Zeus that Morandir couldn't for the contest win? You got my address.

AudreySchroder

YES I will send that to you. I'll get a package out this week.

Angry Product inferior

I agree with the posters that say service is no longer personalized and questions don't get answered or addressed. The reason I backed off from v4life was an issue with the Wowboy liquid. I had been vaping this liquid as my only all day vape for a long time, and loved it. The batch produced in Oct 2013 was just a major failure, with a very off taste and actually medicinal tasting to the point of nauseating. Even though I could not Vape it, I could accept this, recipe error, although very frustrating and inconvenient. I waited for several months for a new shipment with a different production date. It has now been 7 months and they are still selling this "tainted batch, utterly ridiculous. This is a "best seller liquid, how can V4life still not have sold this batch by now, or pulled it have a new batch in stock.
    There has never been more then 2-3 month period that V4life did not have a new batch with a more recent production date available. It's ironic that all of a sudden the worst batch (10-2013) they have produced is still being shipped after 7 months. CS has no answer as to why they are not getting in a new batch after 7 months.

Hey vetdoc, I'm sorry to hear this. Did you try a different nicotine strength to see if it tastes more like what you're used to?

The change at V4L

Like the OP stated, it's sad to see these things taking place. I too get emails every day and to me they're just mostly junk.
    I agree with the idea to just lower your prices a bit and have a real sale once in a while, and not just the big discount on your $13.50 batteries.
    I complained about that and was told my info was being forwarded to the higher ups. I've since sent 2 requests for info on dial a volts and didn't receive any answer yet. Granted, it was only one full day but I remember in 2010-2011 if you sent a ?, it got answered within a couple hours. I know your bigger now but after reading other posts about the company and how it's changed I don't think we're just complaining about nothing. You make decent products but you're way overpriced on the good stuff IMHO. Here is a copy of my separate post in the ecf forums of a problem I'm having on the first day of using my new Zeus kit which I'm undecided on at the moment. Battery is good but one of two smileomizers is pretty bad. I read another post about one guys having problems with them at one to seven days clogging and not getting any favorable answers other than, what kind of juice are you using?
    For $7.50 each this shouldn't be happening! Here's my ecf post:

120 drops wait 10 minutes and burnt

Long time old customer from 2010-11, just got a Zeus dual mode kit today. First smiley took 100 drops and I filled in 3 segments waiting 10 minutes in between. It tastes great and puts out nice vapor. Second one took 120 drops filled exactly the same way, it tastes harsh and burnt.
    I put it on a SID at 4 volts and it still taste burnt. I checked the ohms and it's 2.5 so that can't be the problem. It seems strange to me that at 4 volts a 2.5 ohm cart is tasting burnt, after taking almost 35 minutes to fill.
    The kit comes with 3 and I bought an extra 5 pack. Has anyone else had problems with these? I really like the Zeus and the concept of dual mode with a huge capacity carto but at $7.50 a pop, I sure hope this doesn't happen with my other ones.

i doubt there's anything I could do different in filling, or that I caused the burnt taste.
    i put it on 4 volts after one hit thinking maybe it was a bum coil that was low resistance only to see it was running 2.5 ohms, this isn't giving me much confidence in these even though the one is working great.
    Any ideas as to what I could do with this?
    Can I get a replacement?

Steve N.
    Last edited by Stegle; 06-10-2014 at 03:22 AM.

That would be very frustrating. We'll definitely replace your Smileomizers that aren't working right. Just contact Customer Service at Customer Service | Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigs by Vapor4Life. Thanks!