Thread: No more messaging capability?

No more messaging capability?

I've not been around the forum much lately, but decided to check in today, and would like to pm someone from the forum, but cannot figure out how to do that with the new site setup. Is that feature gone? (If so, why does it let you add contacts?)

Hey Holly! We've updated our forum. I will see if that function is gone and if so if we can get it back.

I went to see if there was PM options from the contacts page of my profile and got the following message when I clicked on the 'My Profile' link that is to the right of the Notifications link:

'KellyV, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

But if I click on 'Settings' and then click on my profile in the left side navigation, it works fine.

I didnt find a PM option, cause I got side tracked when I found my friends area empty. I had a few in there in the old forum, guess they didnt get imported to this new forum.