Thread: Shipping policy question

Shipping policy question

Back in July sometime this was stated by Audrey,
    New Shipping Policy:
    Now you can use a promo code AND get free shipping. All orders over $50 after discount get free shipping.

Is this not true anymore? I was told by Gabe that free shipping, is only if it states that in our daily emails that we all get!

That kind of blows, I got free shipping on 2 orders but now you've done away with it already?

On another subject, I've now had 3 batteries go bad within 3 months time. Yes, they send a replacement, but you have to pay return shipping. It's not my fault that the product needs replacing, I will now have paid $15 extra for what I already paid for each battery times 3.
    Okay, my frustration is vented, carry on.

One month, 132 views, not one reply... did anyone else see the announcement for free shipping over a certain dollar amount? And now it's not.

I saw it, but with so many changes all of the time, I guess I just didn't pay any attention to it. Not surprised it changed, shipping has to be a $-making deal for V4L, so they aren't gonna offer it very often.
    Life is Good
    Dogs Make it Better :-)

It's just that so many vendors offer free shipping over a certain $ amount, and I was happy to see V4L get on board with that. So when I went to turn in another order and it showed the $6.95 shipping, I was ticked, not surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by Stegle View Post
    It's just that so many vendors offer free shipping over a certain $ amount, and I was happy to see V4L get on board with that. So when I went to turn in another order and it showed the $6.95 shipping, I was ticked, not surprised...
    Agreed, the price of shipping has always been in issue, when compared to other vendors.
    Life is Good
    Dogs Make it Better :-)

I just left another vendor that used to have free shipping and honestly, I will gladly pay V4L's $6.95 shipping. I'm still overwhelmed with how often the sales happen here. My thought is that if you are taking advantage of a good sale, the shipping costs are moot. For example, with the current BOGO sale, I saved just over $50, so paying $7 shipping is nothing. Save $50, send $7. Seems rather fair to me.

As for return shipping of a battery that dies, that could be changed but I can understand their stance. The vendor I left did pay return shipping, but they sometimes forgot to include a label, and then it would take me an average of THREE phone calls to get a label. Most companies out there do NOT pay return postage on defective items. Buy a Blu-Ray player online and if it goes bad a couple months down the road, try to get free shipping. It just won't happen.

Answer to Stegle's Free Shipping Question

First, let me apologize for not responding to this post earlier. I'm the new CEO of Vapor4Life, and I have joined Steve to bring the most advanced vaping technology to our loyal customers. Call me an idiot, but I just realized my posts were not working because I wasn't registered! Jeesh.....

Our shipping policy has been inconsistent for the last several months, as we have tried to find the best way to provide value to our customers. Frankly, it has confused our customers and even confused our associates who serve our customers.

Our shipping methods are among the best in the industry. We use USPS Priority, which allows product to be delivered in 1-3 days, depending on distance. The majority are received by our customers in 2 days. The $6.95 charge includes everything that fits in the large USPS envelope. Many of our competitors use less expensive shipping, and the product usually takes longer to arrive.

We think providing the best value means keeping our product pricing low, and offering outstanding sales on a daily basis to customers who have registered to receive e-mails. We are receiving lots of positive feedback for the e-mail promotions, and we will continue to send them on a regular basis. We will occasionally use Free Shipping as one of the offers, but we want to rotate promotions to keep them interesting and ensure we are satisfying all customers, regardless of what they buy.

If you aren't subscribed to our e-mail list, you won't see these sales. If you would like to subscribe, you can do so on the home page of Vapor4Life, or copy and paste this URL into your browser.

http://www.vapor4life.com/store/newsletter_signup

Now that I am registered, I will visit the board frequently to answer questions, obtain feedback and keep you informed. Feel free to send me a private message if you like.

Thank you for your continued loyalty. We are here to serve you.

John Froman
    CEO
    Vapor4Life