Page 167 of 220 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2200

Thread: Roll Call... Introduce yourself!

Morandir835
    Welcome Ms. Ferallibrarian. Here's two blogs to check out-

Unbiased Starter's vaping guide pt.1 - Blogs - E-Cigarette Forum

Unbiased Starter's vaping guide pt.2 - Blogs - E-Cigarette Forum

Somewhat dated but still gives you all the basic info you'll need.

Morandir835
    Welcome Ms. Ferallibrarian. Here's two blogs to check out-

Unbiased Starter's vaping guide pt.1 - Blogs - E-Cigarette Forum

Unbiased Starter's vaping guide pt.2 - Blogs - E-Cigarette Forum

Somewhat dated but still gives you all the basic info you'll need.

endemic
    So, to begin, I'm a middle aged guy, an avid gamer and gaming journalist (having carried my love of gaming from the day I first set my hands on a pong paddle and onward to the PC), and was a moderate but steadfast smoker of about a pack a day for 20 years. After a string of trying to switch and usually failing in short order over the years I have finally been smoke free for a few months with some quitting aids. However, I find myself dearly missing the physical presence of the smokey little companion that rested betwixt my ring and index finger for all those years of late nights bathed in the glow of a monitor, be it gaming, writing or reading articles.

After seeing a lot about it I have decided to start my venture into 'vaping' in order to replace that cylindrical devil with an alternative, and perhaps tastier option, before I can give in to temptation for tobacco again. A great many of my friends (as well as many gamers in my community circles) also smoke but surprisingly I'm the first to try and find 'greener' pastures through this alternative. Most of them are a great deal more hesitant about it, not really willing to give up the familiar for the unknown. I have decided to give it a shot and report back my experiences, I guess you could say I am the group's guinea pig.

Following the decision to begin vaping I began scouring the internet trying to find a place to start, and so I have arrived here. Partially because it seemed like there was a solid selection to choose from but also because I found the forums to be quite informative and helpful. I also liked that there seemed to be an active staff and community that helped communicate with both new and long time customers to aid in the resolution of questions, mistakes or problems.

I've already placed my order for a modest starter kit and am very much looking forward to getting it, it is still processing but I'm crossing my fingers hoping it will arrive before the end of the week. I'm planning, if I find it satisfying, to sample some different flavors and find what I like. Hopefully, very soon the next time I hear the flick of a lighter over a friends microphone while playing I can happily pick up one of the Titan manuals I ordered and puff a few times instead of sighing with longing.

I should stop typing now, before this becomes a novella!

Batavia
    You won't be disappointed, Endemic. Your starter kit probably only includes 'autosuck' batteries, so you'll likely want to book some manuals on an ensuing order -- much easier to produce more vaport when you're trying to quit the smokies.

endemic
    I did in fact choose to go with the manual option for the battery. Seemed more my style as it gives you more control over the experience, or so all my reading has lead me to conclude. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

K9luvr
    Welcome Endemic. You have found the best vaping community and products out there. You will not be dissappointed, just remember it may take awhile to find 'the sweet spot'! Recommend trying at least 2 different MG strengths, as well, because its difficult to gauge how much nicotine we were getting with our analogs. If you find one is too strong, or too weak, you can always trade it. Good luck and keep us posted.

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

HarmonyPB

Re: Roll Call... Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the forum Endemic! And thank you so much for choosing a dictionary word as a name! Makes it so much easier to type on my phone.

Anyway, grats on not smoking! I know what you mean! I game and during one of my quit attempts I had to stay away from the computer for a month. It was just too big of a trigger. Ecigs are an awesome replacement (IMO).

Let us know if you need help with anything or have any questions.

RoccoV
    Welcome Endemic! Good luck with the new choice. I like you was a heavy user and had tried many other options. This is the one that worked for me. You have started the right way. Read as much as you can and ask questions. There are very nice and helpful folks on this forum and was a big part of making the decision to start here. You might want to think about backup batteries as one will not get you through the day. Good news is there are plenty of options. Enjoy the family.

Morandir835
    Welcome Endemic sir. Any issues feel free to ask, plenty of knowledgeable folks here.

endemic
    Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyPB
    I know what you mean! I game and during one of my quit attempts I had to stay away from the computer for a month. It was just too big of a trigger. Ecigs are an awesome replacement (IMO).

Let us know if you need help with anything or have any questions.
    Indeed, it has been one the activities where I find it the most difficult because of the pure habit of having always smoked while at the computer for so long. I would probably stay away as well, but don't have the option (nor do I really want to haha).

I thank everyone for their welcome, and I started formatting some questions here but I'll save that for a discussion in the appropriate forums instead of cluttering up this one with it!