Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a phone call and now have a question (as always!)

DemonFire

Just got a phone call and now have a question (as always!)

A good friend pulled a cold turkey on me and is now regretting the decision. So I was going on about how I'm feverishly awaiting running to the post office in the morning and how excited I was and how wonderful everyone was here. She thought this was a wonderful idea but asked about how it would show in a carbon monoxide (maybe that's dioxide she couldn't remember) test that she has to take. Since I've never taken one and haven't started yet I was unsure of the answer. If this is a no-no question please excuse me (I didn't see it in the rules but just in case) and delete it or whatever you have to do. No offense taken at all! Thanks!!

MysticOne
    I am certainly no expert on the subject, but ECF has many posts and articles on the subject. Just go to the main forum, medical issues.

DemonFire
    Thanks Mystic I'll look there!

HarmonyPB
    Good luck to your friend!! I don't know how much we can discuss on here, we will have to be very careful to stay away from medical type talk. I'm going to do a quick search and see if I can find anything to link you to!

HarmonyPB
    If you are already registered on the ECF it would be a good idea to post your question in the medical subforum. If you aren't then it would be a bit of a hassle to do that. Here is one post that mentions it:

Post #5:
    Finally got my blood test results back

That's really all I could find with a quick search. I'll keep browsing though and see if I can find anything else.

DemonFire
    Thanks Harmony! I don't want to tell her incorrectly and then I'm wrong. That would stink!

DemonFire
    Found some great info there! Thanks ya'll!

HarmonyPB
    Here's a really long one that I didn't read, but it might be helpful?

Combustion and carbon monoxide in e cigs?

And here's one that says no your friend shouldn't worry:
    Does nicotine reduce oxygen flow in the blood?

Keep in mind these are all opinions of people on the internet and I couldn't find anyone who had actually done a test so these aren't concrete evidence that your friend should be ok. I hope someone else will be able to provide more help/information on the subject.

HarmonyPB
    No problem Demon I hope you were able to find better information than I could. I'm at work and can't do an extensive search atm.

DemonFire
    I appreciate the effort Harmony! And completely understand the at work part too! I've looked in a few different places and all the answers seem to be the same. So hopefully we'll have another addition here soon!