Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't seem to find a link that explains....

RavageTheEarth

I can't seem to find a link that explains....

...how to test my battery for voltage using a multi-meter. I dont know what two spots I should put the negative and positive prongs. I am using an ego btw, but tomorrow I will be doing it on the OMG AD. I just want to know what my battery life is throughout the day so I don't suck it too dry and so I can start to get an idea of how my vape at the time compares to the voltage.

StephanieT
    Ill see if I can find it! I know its here somewhere! Brb!

StephanieT
    http://www.vapor4life.com/forum/t260/ Try this one and see if it helps.

RavageTheEarth
    oh awesome thank you! So I put the red probe on the post and the black on the threads? and measure for volts? So when my OMG AD is completely charged I should read between, umm lets say, 4.15 to 4.27 volts?

StephanieT
    http://www.vapor4life.com/forum/t1420/ This one states what the loads will be off the charger and more info about it!
    You are welcome too!

StephanieT
    Quote Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth
    oh awesome thank you! So I put the red probe on the post and the black on the threads? and measure for volts? So when my OMG AD is completely charged I should read between, umm lets say, 4.15 to 4.27 volts?
    Yes to red and black probes and yes to volts.

HarmonyPB
    Don't forget to activate the batt

Morandir835
    RTE sir if your multimeter is properly calibrated you should never see a voltage over 4.25v off load from a battery. If you do, don't use that battery, and check your charger. A lithium based batt should never be charged over 4.25v...

RavageTheEarth
    Quote Originally Posted by Morandir835
    RTE sir if your multimeter is properly calibrated you should never see a voltage over 4.25v off load from a battery. If you do, don't use that battery, and check your charger. A lithium based batt should never be charged over 4.25v...
    Ok. I was just guessing what I would see I haven't actually performed any tests yet, but thanks for the heads up!

RavageTheEarth
    Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyPB
    Don't forget to activate the batt
    haha I totally wouldn't have activated it if you didnt say that. Thanks!!! lol