Thread: Hard draw with Smileomizer?

AirborneDave

Hard draw with Smileomizer?

I've been vaping with the same setup (Large Smileomizer on an XL Auto DAV) for several months now, and have come across a problem. Maybe you guys can help......

I just got an order in of a 10pk of large Smileomizers and another XL Auto DAV. I filled one of the new smileos up with a mix of cherry cinnamon/Aces & 8's. I filled another with DJ Black.

The cherry cinnamon/Aces & 8's is extremely hard to draw through on the new DAV but flows fine the instant I swap it onto my older DAV. The DJ Black smileo works fine on either battery.

Any ideas on why I'm getting a hard draw through only one smileomizer on only the one battery?

Gas Bag
    Sometimes I get a cartomizer that screws in too far and blocks off the air holes on the battery and results in a very hard draw.

HarmonyPB
    Gas bag has a great suggestion. To fix that you could try raising the post on the smileo and then screw it on just enough to make contact, not too much.

Also, if you continue to vape it with the tough draw you can do what we call "oversaturation" (or at least my understanding of what that word means). It essentially closes up the air tube and renders the carto useless. At least, that has been my experience and issue.

Morandir835
    AirborneDave sir you might also want to check there are 3 holes in the threading of that particular DAV.

AirborneDave
    Thanks for the quick help!

Both DAV's have 3 Holes, so I went on to try raising the post on the smileo. I think I messed it up, because not only did the draw not change, but I started getting a burnt taste almost instantly.

Oh well....scrapped that one and started new with no problems. This is the first time I've ever come across a smileomizer problem, and out of all the good ones I've had I can't really complain about 1 bad one.

Thanks again everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyPB View Post
    Also, if you continue to vape it with the tough draw you can do what we call "oversaturation" (or at least my understanding of what that word means). It essentially closes up the air tube and renders the carto useless. At least, that has been my experience and issue.
    I actually just found out a way to clear up the air tube of a smileomizer after a night of boredom and too many old smileomizers laying around. If you get a paper clip, or something narrow enough to fit in the air hole that won't rip or puncture it, and slip it into the air hole to clear out some of the gunk that gets stuck in there 1) You'll definitely see some nasty black gunk when you clean it out, but more importantly, 2) it will draw like it is brand new!