Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slimline wall charger

zdarov

Slimline wall charger

Greetings to all! Is anyone else having trouble with the new-logo slimline chargers? I've ordered two recently, one was DOA (and quickly replaced by Cust Sppt, thank you) and the other just died too. I have kept it clean, and did try adjusting the post. I am down to one charger, not good, and think of ordering another today but not if it's just going to die again!
    Thanks for your input. Lisa :beer:

K9luvr

Re: Slimline wall charger

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear about your charger problems. While you get it worked out, I have 2 of the old plug in the wall chargers that I can send you, to use in the meantime. They don't charge as fast as the slim lines, but they work. Drop me a PM with your address if you want them. You're just up,the road, so they would get there quick. Or if you want to meet halfway somewhere between here and ther, I can bring them to you.

Morandir835

Haven't had any issues with the new chargers at all in all my testing thus far Ms. Lisa. Have you tried the flip fix yet? Remove it from the socket, flip over, plug in, wait five seconds, repeat 4-5 times.

zdarov

Thank you, ms K9, that is so nice of you! I suppose I haven't seen those old wall chargers... I have a USB charger for my many stick batts, but it's the DAVs that need it. Wish there was a USB charger for those! I'll send you a message offline.

Morandir sir, I am surprised others aren't having issues, seems odd I'd get two faulty ones. I'd tried your flippy-trick on the one declared DOA, hadn't tried it yet on this one... Did it just now, and no go. Should I have a battery in, or no, while doing this? Will try it some more. My four with the older logo, all 1-1.5 years old, are still working great. But I gave two to a close friend who I'm 'recruiting' and she's doing great with it! About 70% on ecigs now... anyway, thanks again. Lisa

K9luvr

Quote Originally Posted by zdarov
    Thank you, ms K9, that is so nice of you! I suppose I haven't seen those old wall chargers... I have a USB charger for my many stick batts, but it's the DAVs that need it. Wish there was a USB charger for those! I'll send you a message offline.

Morandir sir, I am surprised others aren't having issues, seems odd I'd get two faulty ones. I'd tried your flippy-trick on the one declared DOA, hadn't tried it yet on this one... Did it just now, and no go. Should I have a battery in, or no, while doing this? Will try it some more. My four with the older logo, all 1-1.5 years old, are still working great. But I gave two to a close friend who I'm 'recruiting' and she's doing great with it! About 70% on ecigs now... anyway, thanks again. Lisa
    Glad you can use them. :vapor:

K9luvr

Quote Originally Posted by K9luvr
    Quote Originally Posted by zdarov

Glad you can use them. I will double-check to make sure the DAV's fit when I get home, and if so, they are yours :vapor:

Morandir835

You can do either or Ms. Lisa. Usually do without any battery...

Have you had any electrical issues of any sort from the outlet you're using? Odd you got two bad ones, but it's not completely impossible.

Rappel_Welch

A month or so ago I ordered a new slim charger. Upon receipt, the charger didn't work. I returned it and got another. This one was faulty as well. I returned it, got another, and this one charges, but the light never turns green unless I remove the battery. This isn't a huge deal, but I was a little irked that I got yet another faulty product. I had already paid to ship two faulty units back.
    I asked for credit for shipping charges, but never received a response. V4L does state that they aren't responsible for return shipping charges, so I just have to live with it, and live with a new product that doesn't work as it is supposed to.
    I ordered another charge the other day during a promotion. I asked them to check the battery before sending it. They stated on my packing slip that the battery was checked and working fine. I plugged it in, it lit up, and I was happy. Hours later, the light had gone out. Now, it won't light up at all.
    I have two older slim chargers that work great. I use the same outlets and have never had an issue with the older chargers, only the new ones. I've tried different batteries, different outlets, and even tried the flip trick that Morandir mentioned.
    I've been a loyal V4L customer for years. I've had the occasional issue from time to time, but have always had great luck with customer service. I am getting flustered now. I'm having to pay to return faulty items, and can't seem to get a new style charger that works.

AudreySchroder

Hey Rappel, this sounds terribly frustrating. Please email me at talktous@vapor4life.com so we can get you situated. Thanks!

Hi all! I started this thread in April, with two (new logo) slimline wall chargers dead. My next two died the other day (yes, have tried the flip trick.) All were ordered just this winter/spring. Am communicating with customer service now.

Please, V4L folks, look into the difference in these new logo chargers. I have three old chargers (old logo) that are 1 or more years old, and they're working fine. (I am in possession of only one, gave two to a friend along with Titan batteries to get her onto e-cigs. Am thinking of driving two hours to repossess them. Lisa