Thread: Replacement seals for tanks

Replacement seals for tanks

I have been a very happy customer of V4L products. After a little fumbling around, I've settled on the large Dial-A-Volt battery with a 6ml tank and Wow Oasis (closest I've come to my former preferred cigarette, Camel). On the whole, I have been very pleased with my switch to V4L e-cigs (a few 1.5 ohm cartomizers being overly aggressive [i.e., having a propensity to burn too easily] aside). However, my first tank just went kaput. Don't get me wrong, it held the e-liquids and the cartomizers just fine. However, the inner seals on the lower and upper caps have been torn to shreds and don't allow the cartomizer easy movement. I would like to keep the tank because, other than the inner seals, it's still good. So, I would like to ask about the possibility of obtaining replacement seals for the lower and upper caps. I know it's a bit much to ask as I could just purchase another tank (and increase V4L's revenue), but the tank's good, it just needs new lower and upper inner seals. Thank you.

With my regards,
    David

Hi David
    I also have been using my tanks for a while now and was thinking of replacing the o-rings myself. What i was going to do was simply purchace a small o-ring assortment at any hardware shop or auto part store .
    I believe o-rings only come in 2 flavors .. standard inch or metric I was thinking 1 of each. that will give me a better shot at getting just the right size.

Mnev,

I considered doing that myself, but thought I'd give the good folks at V4L a chance to say whether they have/sell them or not. But as yours is the only reply to my query, if your tests are successful, I'd be glad to find out what seals you tried and the one (or ones) that you found to be useful.

Regardless, best of luck on the trials (not that it'll take all that much luck, just persistence) and hope to hear back on the results of your tests.

Regards,
    David

First off, be sure to wet the O-rings before inserting the cartos and they will last a lot longer.

Second off, we know V4L has a source of supply for these O-rings simply because they use them in the tanks. There are four O-rings in a tank, two outer and two inner. The outer rarely need replacement, but the inner need to be replaced on a regular basis if used frequently. O-Rings are also used on drip tips.

May I suggest V4L Package all these O-rings together, whether for one or two, or even 5 tanks and make them available to us?

Rick07,

Thanks for the tip about wetting the inner set of O-rings before inserting the cartomizers. I'll have to try that out the next time I replace the cartomizer in my tank.

As regards your suggestion to V4L about the O-rings, while it is a good one, I was hoping that a V4L representative could comment on whether they sold them or not. As there has been no communication to that effect from them, I'm assuming it's a lost cause. Guess it's back to seeing about getting other O-rings (as suggested by Mnev) and seeing if one or another of them do the trick for the tank's inner O-ring. I was just hoping to short-circuit that process. Oh, well.

Regards,
    David

All O-rings related to vaping are metric, as such you will need to special order them. I went through this years ago over Drip Tip O-Rings and heard, "We're working on it" when in reality, nobody was working on anything. Why? They want you to buy a replacement item rather than sell something for far less money that might prolong use. So I spent a total of 10 minutes doing my research, measured the O-Ring width, then the distance of the inner diameter. Jumped online, 30 seconds later I found O-RingWarehouse.com....4 days later I had 1,000 Drip Tip Replacement O-rings.

Some of the old timers on here that also use to post on the ECF probably remember my O-Ring giveway that lasted for a couple of months. Contact them, they will take care of you.
    Beware of false knowledge: it is more dangerous than ignorance.
    Do Not Settle For Regurgitated Information Visit TeamKR808 on YouTube

I remember that Snowdragon. Evidently nobody from V4L monitors these forums or we might have had a reply by now.