Thread: DAV + 510 Adapter Question

DAV + 510 Adapter Question

I'm happily using a few DAVs and a Zeus here. But, I'm looking at clear, glass and steel tanks in various places, and wondering if the 808-to-510 adapters, on our site, here, are truly compatible with other 510 tanks, specifically the Kangers? Also, wondering if there's any likelihood of the V4L tanks coming out in clear designs, as opposed to colors? Thanks!

[Edit:] Look, by "clear" I mean: able to see clearly through, as if one wanted to, say, see (clearly) what the level of remaining juice was. And "truly" compatible... well, sorry, but I was hoping for evidence based on someone's actual experience. I can "guess" or "hope" or "think, maybe" as well as anyone, already, okay? <laughs>

I don't think an adaptor will work with an auto battery. Otherwise it should work just fine as long as you don't set up a coil that requires a very high amperage draw, i.e. low ohm's high wattage as this could cause the battery to over heat.
    I ordered white tanks from V4L and they are pretty much clear.

Edit; I may be wrong about the overheating statement so maybe someone else should give more input on this
    Last edited by JLC; 08-31-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBrian View Post
    I'm happily using a few DAVs and a Zeus here. But, I'm looking at clear, glass and steel tanks in various places, and wondering if the 808-to-510 adapters, on our site, here, are truly compatible with other 510 tanks, specifically the Kangers? Also, wondering if there's any likelihood of the V4L tanks coming out in clear designs, as opposed to colors? Thanks!
    Have you found out any more info on this as I have been wondering the same thing.

No, I haven't. The earlier reply, the one that goes... "I don't think it'll work... otherwise it should work fine," is pretty typical of the write-ups I've seen: not helpful, more vague than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBrian View Post

[Edit:] Look, by "clear" I mean: able to see clearly through, as if one wanted to, say, see (clearly) what the level of remaining juice was. And "truly" compatible... well, sorry, but I was hoping for evidence based on someone's actual experience. I can "guess" or "hope" or "think, maybe" as well as anyone, already, okay? <laughs>
    Funny that you asked. We're currently looking into carrying the Nautilus Aspire and and the I-Joy clear tanks . The manual batteries work perfectly fine with the adapters in combination with the Nautilus and I-Joy. The Auto batteries will not work properly because the airflow that is meant to trigger the battery goes into the tank. In conclusion, if it's an auto battery, it will be a hit or miss with an adapter if you want to use a 510 tank =) ^GA

All right! Thanks Gabe! See, now, that's what I was after; a simple explanation! I already ordered a handful of tanks from V4L, they'll be here in a day or two. In looking closely at the pictures of the tanks it does seem like I'll be able to see the levels easily. I can see the cartomizer inside the tank, so the juice ought to be easy to see. A "smoked" or "clear" color scheme would be great though, just for my own aesthetic. But I'm looking forward to checking out the V4L tanks, and if I feel compelled to get a different tank, then I'll order up a couple manual DAVs and go from there.

I see that we can swap a single or dual-coil inside the tanks, here, so it looks pretty promising to me.

Thanks again, Gabe. You folks at V4L are definitely the best!!!

Well, I got three of the 6ml tanks from here today. The first one is a goner. The little semi-translucent drip broke off while I was trying to mimic the wordless instruction sheet that they ship with.

Oi! I'll look for a video, I guess. Not too thrilled at the moment.