ECigs vs. Traditional Cigs
Most people who switch from using traditional cigarettes (analogs) to using electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) are able to do so easily because the products are very similar. Here are two lists pointing out the similarities and differences between them:
Similarities Between Analogs and Ecigs
- Both smokers and vapers use a sucking action to breathe in. When inhaling an analog the smoker will feel a hit in the back of their throat. This is called a throat hit. E-cigs also provide a throat hit. The stronger the nicotine strength, the stronger the throat hit provided.
- Both smokers and vapers exhale remnants through their mouth and/or nose.
- Analogs create a burning sound, while e-cigs mimic that sound with a crackling sound made by e-liquid being heated.
- Analogs produce visible smoke, while ecigs produce a vapor.
- Analogs have a bright red flame on the tip when sucking in, while some ecigs come with a red LED on the tip that lights up when sucking in.
- White is most often the main color of analogs, and there are white-colored ecig batteries.
- V4L sells blank cartomizers called faux filters. They are light orange with white flecks that look very similar to the filter on analogs.
- E-cigs provide a hand-to-mouth simulation. This means that the act of using an e-cig simulates smoking, because the motion used is the same. The user inhales, feels a throat hit in the back of their throat, swallows, and then exhales vapor.
- V4L e-cigs and analogs are both long and slender.
Differences Between Analogs and ECigs
- Analogs contain tobacco, while e-cigs do not contain tobacco leaf.
- E-cigs are battery-operated.
- E-cigs are reusable.
- Analogs produce smoke, while e-cigs produce vapor.
- Analogs are smelly, and their odor lingers on clothing, fingers, hair, skin, and in air long after the cigarette is done. E-cigs do not produce odors.
- Analogs produce second-hand smoke, while e-cigs do not.
- Analogs are banned in many restaurants, nightclubs, bars, sports arenas, offices, movie theatres, public transportation, and many other public places. E-cigs are allowed almost everywhere.
- Analogs cost much more than e-cigs, about 50-70% in fact.
- Analogs stain fingers, teeth, and walls, while e-cigs do not.
- Analogs only come in so many flavors, typically only tobacco-flavored or menthol-flavored. V4L e-cigs come in over 150 different flavors including fruits, desserts, coffees, and cocktails.