New York Vape Ban Guide
New York Vape Ban Summary:
- • Only Tobacco flavored vape products are now available for sale to New York addresses. This includes ejuice, pods and disposables. There is no exception for mint or menthol flavors.
- • Starting on 7/1/2020. No products containing nicotine may be shipped to New York addresses.
- • Hardware that does not contain nicotine can still be shipped.
- • Flavored ejuice, pods and disposables may still be shipped to New York addresses if they do not contain nicotine. Example: Zaero 0% disposables.
State Vape Bans
A lot of new restrictions on nicotine vapes will be hitting New York residents. With the ability of adults to access their flavors of choice being severely curtailed, this is your last chance to stock up for the long haul.
New Jersey residents were hit earlier this spring, as detailed in our feature: New Jersey Vape Ban Laws.
Here is a rundown of the New York state and city vape bans. Keep in mind that the New York City restrictions are stacked on top of and include the state wide restrictions.
For vapers outside of New York, check out our definitive guide to state vape ban laws for information on your own state of residence.
New York State Flavor Ban
The entire state of New York will be impacted by the strictest ecig laws in the country. The restrictions will be implemented in waves, the first starting on May 18, 2020. Your last day to place an order for flavored ejuices, disposables and menthol/mint prefilled vape pods is 05/17/2020. Nicotine free ejuices, zero nicotine disposables, hardware and components are not impacted.
Flavor Ban Begins May 18, 2020
- • The New York state flavor ban will permit only tobacco flavored ejuices, pods and disposables. There will be no exception for mint or menthol vapes.
- • Flavored 0% nicotine disposables like the Zaero and 0% nicotine ejuices are still permitted.
Online Sales Ban Begins July 1, 2020
- • Direct to consumer online sales of ejuices is banned. Does not include components, hardware or refillable devices.
New York City Vape Laws
New York City Order Restrictions Effective immediately
Vapor4Life is implementing the following policies on all orders shipped to New York City.
Vapor4Life will only accept orders placed over the phone at 844-827-3454. You can also contact us at Vapor4Life.com
Individual orders over $60, excluding shipping, will require signature upon delivery by someone over the age of 21.
Product Limits Per Order:
- 12 total pods
- 15 disposable electronic ecigarettes
- 15 cartridges or cartomizers
- 240 milliliters of Eliquid
- 3 Battery Operated electronic cigarette devices