Summer vaping tips
It’s summer and time to enjoy the sun, sand, beach, watermelon, and street fests! What could be better than relaxing outside, soaking up the sun and vaping? Not much! We want you to keep on vapin’ during these gorgeous months, and have fun this summer. Here are a few things you should keep in mind during this time of year.
- Warm weather can thin out e-liquid, making it more prone to leaking, so make sure the cartomizer or tank is properly connected to the battery.
- Warm temps also expand juice, so if you fill your tank in the morning when it’s cooler, use a smaller amount than normal. The juice will need that extra room to expand when it gets warmer later in the day.
- Store your ecig juice in a cool, dark place. This goes for any time of the year, but is especially important in the summer.
- Don’t leave your vape in the car or out in the sun during the hot weather. Heat and lithium-based batteries do not mix well.
- Warm weather thins juice, so if you’re using a variable voltage ecig battery like the Dial-A-Volt or V4L Handle, you might want to drop the voltage a little.
- Store batteries separately. If the metal ends touch each other, or another kind of metal, they can short out. Using one sock per battery works well.
- Avoid using the car’s USB socket or cigarette lighter adapter. They get too hot in the warm weather. If you must, use extra caution and keep a close eye on the battery while it’s charging.
Traveling with your ecigs
- Make sure you bring more than enough supplies to last your trip. It doesn’t hurt to have extra juice or batteries.
- If you’re traveling out of your country, make sure you have the right adapter. You don’t want to be stuck without any way to charge your ecig battery!
- Consider bringing some packaging for your vaporizer. If you need to explain vaping to someone, it will be easier if you have the packaging that it came in.
- Know the local vaping laws. You may be able to vape freely at home, but there are a lot of places where ecigs are banned where traditional cigarettes are banned.