Vaping with stress
This is a guest blog post by Morandir835.
I wrote this after experiencing a personal tragedy that took place after I got home from Chicago back in February. I lost someone who I’ve known for over half my life, that I’ve also had the pleasure of working with for the past 10 years. On top of this, my sister has some issues with her pregnancy that has kept her in and out of the hospital. In other words, my world is filled with stress at the moment. In my analog days, this would be a time where my two pack a day habit would reach at least four if not more. Today though is a much different situation. My PVs (personal vaporizers, aka batteries or mods) have turned into my pacifiers so to speak, going through multiple bottles of juice a day (not to mention cartos). Having said all that, there are some things to keep in mind if you’re stressed and vaping.
1. Drink lots of water. PG and VG are humectants, it’s how they produce vapor, but this also means they will dehydrate you. Whatever amount you’ve increased your vaping, increase your water (in other words if you’re vaping twice as much as normal, drink twice as much water as normal).
2. Watch out for signs you’ve had too much nicotine. A quick internet search will tell what they are. Keep some lower level juices around for just such occasions, that way you can vape as much as you want without worry.
3. Be sure you have plenty of batteries and chargers. Almost nothing is worse than wanting to vape and not being able to because you don’t have any charged PVs to do so. This also a good time to break out the passthrough (just be sure to use a wall adapter).
4. Have plenty of juice and cartos on hand. The worst thing that can happen to a vaper is to have a fully charged PV, but no way to use it. This is one of the many reasons why you always hear people telling you to stock up.
5. Have a backup flavor on hand. Chain vaping one flavor for a long period will dull the taste buds, switching between two or more will solve this issue.
6. Use the forums, Facebook, whatever outlet you need to reach out to some of your fellow vapers to get through it. It amazes me how great the vaping community is at giving support (and not just the technical kind).
Share this article with your vaper friends, they’ll be glad you did!